Hints & Tips
Note September 2004: If you were following a link from a Google (or other)
search or site link you may have arrived from a link to the old KiteJan site,
which had a different structure to this new site. I have tried wherever possible to
map pages on the old site to the equivalent page on the new site so you are transferred
automatically. If you still have problems finding the requested page please use the
Freefind search function on the menu.
- This site is a simple one, but best viewed in 800x600 (or higher) resolution.
- I have tried to keep the images small and only where needed, but they do look
better in 16bit colour on your screen.
- It should work in most browsers - I have validated each page with the World Wide
Web Consortium (W3C) to try and ensure everything works.
each page, and the necessary embedded weather reports.
- If you want a discussion board please goto either rec.kites
or the Sheffield
Kite Flyers Message Board - I prefer to use these rather than run a site discussion
board. You can however leave me a comment on the Guest
- Please let me know if something doesn't
work as expected.
- There is no fancy stuff like cookies and things - therefore I'm not capturing
anybody's personnel details on this site.
- Blueyonder (with whom these pages are hosted) web servers log basic connection
details (referring page, date, time, page accessed, etc.), as is the case on all
web servers. I look at this from time to time to know how the KiteJan site
is being used.
- The third party search (Freefind)
and page counter on the home page (Digits)
obviously are hosted off site, so they are outside my control. If you are really
worried about this check out their policies - but its fine. Really. The Guest
Forum is part of Blueyonder's site tools.